Did you know that your #praise and worship is very powerful and is a weapon that can unlock doors, close doors, break chains, bring healing and deliverance, cause the enemy to back up and take his hands off you, your love ones and community?
The Bible tell us that “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through #God to the pulling down of strong holds”– 2 Corinthians 10:4
We must understand that there is a war going on, and it is not against your neighbor, government, another country, criminals and so forth, but this war is against an unseen enemy call #Satan or the devil who will stop at nothing to get rid of you.
Satan wants you to live defeated and that is why God has given us weapons. One of this weapon is Praise or Worship.
The word praise means “the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an act of worship: a hymn of praise to God”. One Hebrew word for “praise” is yadah, meaning “praise, give thanks, or confess.” A second word often translated “praise” in the Old Testament is zamar, “sing praise.” A third word translated “praise” is halal (the root of hallelujah), meaning “to praise, honor, or commend.” All three terms contain the idea of giving thanks and honor to one who is worthy of praise. The book of Psalms is a collection of songs filled with praises to God. Among them is Psalm 9:2, which says, “I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High”. Similarly, Psalm 18:3 says God is “worthy of praise.” Psalm 21:13 praises God both for who He is and for His great power: “Be exalted in your strength, LORD; we will sing and praise your might.”
Worship on the other hand in the New Testament the Greek word most often translated “worship” (proskuneo) is “to fall down before” or “bow down before.” Worship is a state (an attitude) of spirit. The nature of Christian worship is from the inside out and has two equally important parts. We must worship “in spirit and in truth” (John 4:23-24).
Worship is a deeper form of praise. Everyone can praise God, but not everyone can truly worship as when you worship every part of you is involve: your mind, body and spirit. You get personal with God as you come from the outer court to the holy of holies where you physically or spiritual prostrate before God.
For the purpose of this article I will be interchanging these two words, praise and worship, or use them together.
Just how powerful is praise and worship?
- Worship pulls down the glory of God. When you worship God the Bible says #he inhabits the praises of his people, or he sits enthroned on the praises of his people (Psalms 22:3). What this means is that when you starts to praise God he comes down in your midst and inhabits your praises.
God loves to be worship. In fact that is one of the reason you were created. Man was created to worship God. However, for God to inhabit or in order for our worship to pull down the glory of God we must be on one accord. Our minds cannot be scattered or one everyone doing their own thing. All of us must come together. The Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 5:13-14 “as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the Lord; So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of God.”
Notice, why God could have come down in their midst was because they were all on one accord. I believe that one of the reasons we are not seeing many healing, prophesies and deliverance in the churches today is because we are not on one accord. God is a god of order and so when his people gather together He expects us to all be on one accord.
I want you to further understands that when the glory of the Lord comes down in your midst whatever is not right he will start fixing it, broken pieces will start to melt, healing and deliverance will be administered and the people will leave the house of God knowing that God was in their midst.
- Praise and worship breaks yokes and brings deliverance. One of the first thing the enemy does when we are facing difficulties are going through our trials is to play with your mind as our mind is where the battle is either won or lost.
He will come and play with your mind, tell you that you’re worthless, you cannot accomplish this or that or he will come and remind you of what you are currently facing. He loves when you focus on your problems, what someone said or did to you and not upon God as that is when he can infiltrate your mind and put thoughts in it that will hold you captive. That is why the Bible says that the weapons God has given us or not of this world, they are not carnal, weak or powerless but they are powerful spiritual weapons given to us by God to “…demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ”– 2 Corinthians 10:5. What this is saying that when a thought comes we should not sit idle and sup every thought that comes into our mind but we should hold them captive to see if they are God or not. If they are not of God we should destroy them, not to mediate upon them not even for a second but destroy them. ‘No devil I will not accept this thought. I am the head and not the tail’.
We learn of two #men in the Bible who were arrested and put in prison, Paul and Silas (Acts 16:25-26). The Bible tell us that at midnight instead of becoming depress, worrying about their problems or allowing their situation to get them down they start to sing praises unto God and suddenly “there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.” (vs 26). Notice what happened when two men started to praise God? Chains started to break off and not only theirs but all those around them. That’s the power of your worship. When you get out of self and forget about what you are going through chains or yokes will start to fall off you.
We also learn of another man in the Bible who learnt #the power of worship and praise. King Jehoshaphat (2 Chronicles 20). The Bible tells us that when two enemy nations, Moabites and Ammonites, came upon Judea with a very large army King Jehoshaphat and his people did not panic but they went to the Lord and the Lord instructs them to just sing praises unto him. What he did then was that he sent singers and trumpeters before the army and as they praised and worship God caused their enemies to turn against themselves and Judea was delivered from their enemies. Judea did not have to fight their battles but just praise God and God fought their battles for them and they received their deliverance.
- We receive breakthrough by praising and worshipping God. One of the power or effect of our worship is that we can receive breakthroughs in our lives when we learn to worship and praise God despite what we may be facing. Sometimes the enemy will stand as a fortress before us stopping us from receiving breakthroughs in our finances, #relationship, #ministry, job and so forth. The enemy is not our friend and his job is to stop us from receiving what the Lord has for us, but God is raising up on army that will not accept defeat or let the enemy robs them of what is theirs but will worship him for their breakthrough.
The Bible tells us that when Joshua and the Children of Israel went into the Promise Land they faced a fortified city of Jericho that was well shut up (Joshua 6:1), there was no way for them to get into Jericho and they didn’t have bulldozers are any of these equipment’s we now have.
So how did God delivered Jericho into the hands of Joshua and the Children of Israel? They started to praise God. When the Children of Israel had marched around the walls of Jericho seven times they opened their mouth and shout and the Bible said something miraculously happened, the walls of Jericho fell down flat (Joshua 6:20).
Maybe you need breakthrough in your #marriage, family, finances, job, legal issue and so forth. Whatever problem you may be facing use the weapon of praise and worship. When the praises goes up, then the blessings will come down. Praise and worship is an international currency and key which we can use to unlock doors, tear down strongholds and purchase our breakthrough.
- It brings deliverance from demonic oppression. The Bible tell us that when King Saul was tormented by an evil spirit (1 Samuel 16:14) – that is what happens when the Spirit of God leaves you, the door is open for the spirit of depression and torment- they sent for David who was an anointed worshipper and when he played the harp under the anointing Saul received his deliverance (1 Samuel 16:23).
I want you to understand that there are spirits of depression, stress, spirit of heaviness and so forth that will attack a Child of God, but we can be delivered from the oppression of the enemy through our worship.
The enemy seeks to bring you under his yoke and if he gets the opportunity he will use any weapon available to oppress you at your job, home, your rest and your peace of mind. As we wear the garment of praise we receive deliverance from spirit of heaviness, doubt, fear, unbelief and we are fill with strength, faith, boldness and power.
- God gives us new revelations and insights when we worship and praise him. When we worship God we can receive a word of #prophesy as worship takes us behind the veil, or we can receive revelation from God about a situation or problem we been having. The Bible tells us that when the Kings of Israel, Judea and Edom went to war against Moab they found themselves in a situation as they were in the wilderness or dessert for seven days and didn’t have any water. Of course they started to worry and the King of Israel started to think of death. However, Jehoshaphat, who was a servant of God immediately thought about getting the help of God so he asked if there were any prophet of God they could consult and he learnt about Elijah.
Before Elijah could receive a Word from God he asked for a minstrel or harpist to play and while the harpist played the hand of the Lord came on Elijah and he prophesied unto them of the Lord’s deliverance (2 Kings 3: 15-19).
Because worship takes us behind the veil, the Lord will speak to us or reveal to us his will about a particular situation or give you revelation about a scripture or problem you are facing.
- Bring down the judgment of God upon the enemy. Through praise and worship we can bind forces that are fighting against us, our families, communities and #church. When we praise and worship God, angels start fighting our battles.
Someone fighting against you at work? Facing #spiritual warfare? Enemy rampant in your family, church or community?
Then use the weapon that God has given you.
We do not have to live defeated, but we can live a victorious life. Praise and worship is one of the most powerful weapon God has given us against the enemy. When we worship God even demons tremble and yokes began to be broken.
That is why the Satan is afraid of a worshipper because he cannot sit on a worshipper very long as when a worshipper gets into the presence of God he have to take his leave. Worship is so powerful that it can bring healing to the physical body, mind and spirit. Sometimes there are yokes on you, things not happening in your life and you need a breakthrough, you are weak in the spirit or body, spirit of heaviness is upon you, depression holds you captive and so forth, you can be free from them by praising and worshipping God.
What will stand before a worshipper of God?
If you are a worshipper of God and will not allow the enemy to defeated life, please share your comments with us below. Also help us to get the word out by sharing this article on Social Media.