While many of us would love to be in a loving, long term relationship without any problems, infidelity can be a big issue in relationships these days. In modern society, particularly, it has become easier for men and women to meet other people and hook up with them without their partners even realizing what is going on until it is too late.
For instance, social media had been blamed time and time again for breaking up relationships. Men and women can go onto their Facebook accounts and start chatting away to other people and then even arrange to meet up. Unless the partner also accesses the same account it is often too late by the time they have realized and the damage has already been done.
Why does it happen?
So, why do partner who appear to be and even feel like they are in a loving relationship decide to risk all by cheating on their partner? Well, there are a number of common reasons why both men and women cheat. Some of these include:
- Feeling lonely: Sometimes, the person that cheats does so because they feel lonely. This could be because the partner is working a lot or simply because they do not spend time together like they used to. As humans, we all crave company and attention, which is why some will them turn to the arms of another.
- Feeling unwanted: When the honeymoon period of a relationship draws to an end, it is only natural that couples settle down to the humdrum routine of daily life. However, this often means that they have little time for one another and one – or both – could end up feeling unwanted. Not having as much intimacy or closeness as there once was can have a big impact on some people.
- Because it is simple: As mentioned earlier, channels such as social media have made it easier for men and women to meet other people, flirt around them, and ultimately meet up with them without the partner even realizing what is going on. This is pure temptation and it has been made so easy that some people will try it just because they think they can get away with it.
- Falling out of love: In some cases, the reason behind a partner cheating is plain and simple – they simply don’t feel that they are in love with their partner any longer. Even if they still care about them and may not want to hurt their feelings or disrupt their lives, this does not stop them from wanting or desiring other people. This can then lead to them cheating.
- Drinking: Sometimes, a person does not mean to cheat on their partner. However, outside influences such as drink or drugs can lead to them losing control and doing something that they would not normally do – in this case, cheating with another person.
So, as you can see the reasons behind partners cheating are very diverse and varied. However, unfortunately, it is also something that has become more common in today’s modern society.