Facing and overcoming the different mountains in our lives
No matter what your educational, social or economic background, each one of us have our own individual mountains to climb. These mountains at times seems too steep for us to climb, but God has promised us that he will help us to not only climb our mountains, but to also overcome these mountains.
These pressures of life, for example, financial pressures, job stress, marital problems, children giving us problems, family issues etc. can at times become so overwhelming that it pose a threat to our body, our mind, health and our very survival. It is in these times that we should remember that we serve a God that can remove, or help us to climb any mountain no matter how high they may be. The Word of God in addressing Zerubbabel who was working on the temple of God in Jerusalem says that “…This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts” Zechariah 4:6. No matter what we may face, Jesus has promised that he will be with us (Matthew 28: 20; Hebrews 13: 5).
Are the problems I am facing new?
Many times we feel as if we are the only one going through what we are facing, but that is what the enemy want us to feel so that we will bend under the pressure. Our situations that we face or not new to this generation, neither will it end when we are gone, as the apostles of Jesus Christ faced some of these very problems and some even worst, such as, the apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 4: 9-13 that he faced death, he and his fellow apostles were laughed at, despised, seen as fools, suffer many days of hungry and thirsty, naked, have no destined place of abode (home), reviled, suffer much persecuted, SEEN AS FILTH OF THE WORLD and many other things for Christ. However, throughout all these things the apostle Paul suffered it and said that no matter what state he found himself in that he learn how to be abased and to abound, to both be full and to be hungry and to suffer need (Philippians 4:12) for godliness with contentment is a very great gain (1 Timothy 6:6).
God will help you to overcome your trials
It is also important for us to understand that although we suffer many things and many road blocks are in our way, that God will always make away because he promised that he will never leave us because He is our helper (Hebrews 13:5). What he therefore requires from us is that we come boldly to the throne of Grace (Hebrews 4: 16) and cast all our cares on him (1 Peter 5:7), we however have to go to him with faith believing that those mountains in our way will be moved for it is not by our might, nor by power, but by the spirit of the Most High God (Zechariah 4:6).
How God help us to overcome our trials and our mountains
- Through the Word of God- God help us to overcome our mountains by encouraging us through the word of God. Many times I am facing an obstacle and the Lord will allow me to read a Bible verse, or to hear one that uplifts my spirit
2. By sending someone to guide or help us- Many times we feel as if we are alone, but you are not. If you do not know who you can talk to about what you are now facing you can pray to God and he will direct your steps or send someone to help you to overcome your trials. Many times I would not have overcome a problem if I didn’t have persons around me to help me and pray for or with me.
3. Through songs- Worship songs are very powerful. Many times the Lord ministers to us through songs we hear.
How can we overcome our mountains
1. Identify Your Mountain- We all have our mountains, only some are more obvious than others. The first step in overcoming anything is to first identify what it is that we are facing and how it is affecting us. Once you have found your mountain or mountains, put a name to it. Maybe your mountain is poor health, maybe it is a marriage problem, maybe it is problems on the job, or maybe it is financial problems or any number of trials we may face.
2. Be clear on what you want– Maybe you want to overcome an addiction or you want to get well. Whatever it is be clear on what results you want to see. Without this clarity you will not be able to pinpoint the steps you need to take to overcome this mountain.
Not only that, but God love it when we are clear on what we want to see.
3. Talk to your mountain. Yes I know that this sounds weird but you need to talk to your mountain. Jesus not only told us that we could move our mountains, but he told us that we could talk to them with authority. How you take authority over it is by talking to it. God has given us power and authority so that we will not live defeated lives. This power and authority gives you the right to command your mountains to move, with faith. After you have commanded it to move believe that it shall be done and start behaving differently.
You can’t talk to your mountain to be remove and then every time you see a rum bar you go there and buy a drinks or you continue to go out with your friends that you know will be drinking all the time. You nee to start making changes in your life
4. Be patient- Don’t expect instant changes to be made but keep praying, and hoping and making necessary changes in your life. Maybe you need to start making a budget and sticking to it. If you do not make changes you will continue to walk down destructive path after the Lord have delivered you from your experience(s).
I want to urge you to hold on to God because he said that “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness”-2 Corinthians 12: 9. God has given us power over every situation that we come against as there is life and death in the power of our tongue-Proverbs 18:21. Sometimes why we do not get the victory we needed over our mountains is because of our faith (worrying and complaining shows that you are limiting the power of God so your unbelief will thus cause God not to work on our behalf) and the words that comes out of our mouth. We should therefore speak life in our dead situation, through faith, because life and death is in the power of the tongue and they that use it wisely shall reap the rewards of it (Proverbs 18:21).
Trials will come and trials will go, but the love and promises of God will always be there. If you trust God the Egyptians (the different trials or mountains you face) you see today you’ll see them no more, don’t complain, worry or lose faith. Don’t go around letting everyone know that you’re going under but trust God and say to your mountain with faith and authority:
“Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel (call your name) thou shalt become a plain…”- Zechariah 4: 7, because it is God that fight for you and it’s not by your power and strength but by his spirit (Zechariah 4:6). God will never let you die under the mountain you may be facing once you are faithful to him.
What are the different mountains you face in your life? How did you overcome them? Please share your thoughts or comments with us by leaving a comment below. Like this article? Please share it on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you will not miss another post from us.
my coments about this article is very positive and also it helps me to be strong no matter what is coming my way be a peson or something else it shows me how to deal with the problem and also to enlight me that don’t pay negative comments affect me and puls it shows that this arcticle will follow me all the days of my life amen