They are more #singles in the #church than they are married couples, and many of them are very happy. Many singles watch year after year as their friends get married and wonder, “when will it be my time to get married?” Well I am not hear to tell you how you can get a date or how to get married, but I would like to give you 8 tips on how you can be #single and still be happy.
- Get yourself occupy with the things of #God, probably help out with the kids #ministry. The #Bible tells us that “He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife”- 1 Corinthians 7:32-33. To be single should not be something that you frown upon, but as a single person you are able to spend more time doing the things of the Lord. Perhaps you love evangelizing, then take a group of young people with you that shares your passion for evangelism and visit the hospital and walk on the street ministering to the people. I am sure your life will feel very fulfill.
- Don’t look at being single as something that is very bad, but enjoy your freedom. When you are single you are free to do whatever you wish and whenever you want to do it. Want to take a trip? Then go ahead. How about going back to school? Being single give you the freedom to go where you please, cook whenever you want or just doing things you enjoy.
- Do not become jealous or envious of people that are getting married. Being single now is not an indication that you will never get married, but it is just not your time. Your timing to get married is not God’s timing.
- Take time to develop yourself. Being single you are able to spend time working on your faults and just developing yourself as a person. They are many different skills you can learn, for example, if you are a male you could learn how to fix different things around the home for example learn plumping. Females could learn sowing, baking or learn how to make different dishes. Try to be the best person you can be, more importantly be who God made you to be.
- Take a new hobby, learn a sport, or join a club. Learn to play the piano, grow a garden, write a book or learn a new sport, or join a club in your community. There are just too many healthy hobbies you could take up or join a voluntary club where you can give back to your community. These activities will also allow you to meet new people and probably find the person God has in store for you.
- Have fun and meet new people. This is not the time to live miserable, but it is time for you to go out there and have clean fun while meeting new people. Whatever you decide ensure it is something that God would approve of and please do not go to dances or parties, unless it is Christian-base.
- Take time to learn about God and to develop a closer #relationship with him. Being single you don’t have to spend time with anyone but yourself and God. Spend time to learn about God and to develop a closer relationship with him by spending more time reading the Bible and praying.
- Are you at fault to why you are still single? Many people are single not because they are not educated or beautiful, but it is because of their attitudes and behaviors. Take some times to look at yourself and reinvent yourself. Ask others of their honest opinions of you and see what you should change, improve or learn. Remember, you need God’s help to make you into the person he created you to be.
Being single doesn’t have to be depressive as many singles have made it out to be. Take this time to reevaluate, reinvent yourself while developing a closer relationship with God, meet new friends and do something you have always wanted to do.
What are your thoughts?