Digital signage is very important for businesses. If you want to advertise your business or your brand, digital signage has for the last few years been used by businesses to display content to the public and it has proven to be a very effective method of advertising. Both small and large businesses benefit greatly when it comes to digital signage. Digital signage is simply the display of advertising content via digital media. If you have a small business, digital signage will help you keep up with large businesses and it will also give your business more clients.
Why are businesses using digital signage?
Other than advertising and growing brand, businesses are enjoying lots of other benefits from digital signage. These are:
- Digital signage can be used to target a certain audience. If you have a business that sells or makes cloths for young people, you can place a digital signage near a university, college or a movie theater.
- A wide range of services and products can be shown. Digital menu boards display different menus during the day. They also make it easier for customers to make an order.
- It helps engage customers at the point of sale. Different screens can be managed via remote control so as to change prices or to show the differences between different products.
- Digital signage can also be used to interact with customers. By providing entertaining content and asking your clients to like or follow you on social media, you can later on interact with them so as to know more of what they want and what they like about your business.
- It is easy to update. Changing of content can be done almost immediately and you can control it quite easily.
- It can be used as a platform to display more than one company’s work. You can also display content from other companies for a fee. By also recommending that some of your products go well with others, sales will increase.
- Unlike paper sings where you had to hear someone to print your content and later on find people to install it, digital signage only needs installing and you can create the content for yourself and remotely install it on the digital signage.
The future of digital signage
Some few years back, digital signage was expensive and most businesses opted for paper signs and billboards. Today, digital signage is not expensive and if you are not using digital signage, you will feel like you are lagging behind.
If you still cannot afford to have a screen installed outside, you can buy a digital player and connect it to a TV.
In the past, we have also seen business people signing contracts so that digital signage companies can provide them with digital signage only to be asked to pay a costly yearly or monthly fee. Today, you do not need to pay any fee.
The future of digital signage is as that of any other technology: you cannot be certain about it but you can be sure that the digital signage industry will continue to grow.
Digital media players
Digital media players are devices that can stream photos, images or digital video. They can also stream files and videos from a computer. If you are located in a place where there is no network, a digital media will help stream all your adverts on your TV.
Electronic message boards
Electronic message boards are easy to use and require low maintenance. They help display logos or messages from the computer. Companies, schools and churches use them to display messages at different times of the day. They are mostly used by small businesses since they are affordable and do not require constant maintenance. They are among the most inexpensive ways to promote your brand and to get a word out at the same time. There are some common uses of electronic message boards such as:
- They are good for menus. You can easily use them to display your menu and you can swipe in and out easily. You can also add specials and take them off with ease.
- You can place them at the reception so as to display prices, services and directions. When customers enter, they are able to feel at home and they are also able to find their way with ease.
- They also help promote your company’s logo. They are easy to see from afar. In the competitive business world, attracting customers is very important.
- They also help in advertising. One of the main reasons why businesses use them is because it is very easy to advertise with them and they are affordable.
- You can also use them to create schedules for employees and to help them stay on track without wasting any time.
Types of digital signage deployments
There are three types of digital signage deployments. They are all based on the type of content delivered.
- Merchandising – Often found in stores, banks and restaurants are this digital signage. It is meant to merchandise goods and services. It can also be used to build brand awareness.
- Informational – This type of digital signage is popular in hospitals, hotels and campuses. It is purely supposed to provide your audience with entertainment and information. It is used to enhance customer experience. Often, it is used to entertain or inform people while in queues or waiting rooms. Some of the information shared includes health tips, news, and nutritional information.
- Advertising – Advertising has to be the main reason why businesses invest in digital signage. This digital signage advertises a business’s content. It can advertise for more than one brand and its main aim is to increase advertising revenue.
The use of digital signage is on the rise and if you have not tried it, you are lagging behind. Whether your business is small or large, there is no excuse as to why you should not try it. You can conduct a survey before starting so as to know which one suits your business.