Posts by letstalkbible:
From ancient civilization when man was sent out of the Garden of Eden, man has struggled with the temptation of pride; this started in heaven with Satan (the father of pride)-Isaiah 14: 12-15. Pride is the first sin committed in the Universe when Satan was lifted up in pride because he wanted the worship that belongs to God. From then slaves, great men, wise men, young and old has been snare by the spirit of pride and have paid the consequences of their actions.
What is Pride?
Pride is inordinate self-esteem; an unreasonable conceit of one’s superiority in talents, beauty, wealth, accomplishments etc. These persons will exalt themselves and at the same time belittle others or magnifying themselves at the expense of their neighbors or others they meet.
Pride is seen as an abomination to the Lord-Proverbs 16: 4; goeth before destruction- Proverbs 16: 18 etc.
Pride though similar to arrogant, is different. An arrogant person is one who has a sense of superiority and self-importance. They believe that they are more important than others. The bible said that an arrogant person God will not suffer or endure-Ps 101: 5
Consequences of Pride
The Word of God says that “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall”- Proverbs 16: 18. It was because of pride King Nebuchadnezzar was made to behave like an animal. The bible let us know that when the Lord had blessed King Nebuchadnezzar, who was the king of Babylon at the time, with great riches, fame, power and the most powerful kingdom at the time; he was lifted up with pride and failed to give God the glory and for this he was cast down and behaved like an animal-Daniel 4: 30-32
None of us are exempted from having a proud spirit as many times when the Lord has blessed us with a good job, intellect, riches, nice house and family we start to be lifted up in pride and many times starts to belittle those that do not have some of the things that we have, not remembering that the same God that blesses you can also bless them with greater riches and fame. Although King Nebuchadnezzar was not a servant of God, he failed to understand that everything he had was given to him by God.
Pride has caused great men in the Bible to lose possessions, their life, kingdom to fall and to lose what God had in store for them; for example, Ahithophel (2Sa 17:23), Naaman, refusing to wash in the Jordan River (2Ki 5:11-13) Hezekiah, in displaying his resources (2Ki 20:13; 2Ch 32:31; Isa 39:2), Uzziah (2Ch 26:16-19), Haman (Es 3:5; 5:11,13; 6:6; 7:10), Kings of Tyre (Eze 28:2), Nebuchadnezza (Da 4:30-34; 5:20). If we should allow pride to creep into our spirit and to take control of our life, then we too will be brought low or destroy.
If we should allow pride to attach itself unto us, God will not work through us as he resist the proud but will draw nigh unto them that are humble. The more God lifts you up, the more you should humble yourself as he did not have to choose you to bless you the way he has, whether it be spiritual gifts, ministry, fame or riches; God is the one that gave it to you for his glory, not yours.
It is easy for us to be lifted up with pride when we have position, power, money and fame, especially when we are being praise by others. We should always remember that God was the one who gave us everything we have whether it may material wealth, intellect, family, ministry, or spiritual gifts and can take it from and give it to another when he chooses. Like he did with Nebuchadnezzar, he will destroy and humble you because he is God and his glory he will not share with another (Isaiah 42:8). Anything that you put before God whether it is yourself, your job, money, position etc automatically becomes your god, and no flesh shall glory in his presence (1 Corinthians 1: 29).
Many of us allows the deceitfulness of riches to pierce our heart with many sorrows, however you now have a choice and an opportunity not to let this happen to you. There is two very famous proverbs that say that the higher you go, the harder you will fall; and the higher the monkey climb, the more he is expose.
Guard your mind daily by putting on the whole armor of God and as soon as any speck of pride creeps in, GET RID OF IT immediately because “…a little leaven (yeast) leaveneth the whole lump”-1 Corinthians 5:6. Each day turn the search light on yourself, a little pride is not worth you going to hell for. Give God the praise and glory for everything you do and have as it is him that gave you the power to have wealth, material things, a good education and family.
My final words to you are:
“Beware that thou forget not the Lord thy God…..Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein…..and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied; Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the Lord thy God, which brought thee forth out of” the place you were; ”And thou say in thine heart, my power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth (power, position, ministry, works of the gift etc). But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for [it is] he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant… And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the Lord thy God, and walk after other gods (eg money, power, property), and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.”- Deuteronomy 8:11-14,17-19
Please share your thoughts or comments with us by leaving a comment below. Like this article? Please share it on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you will not miss another post from us.
Each one of us came into this world as a blank state, as sponge, and therefore without any sin; without anything holding on to us or holding us down. We came into this world without anything attaching itself to us. However, as we go along life’s journey we see where some little things got attach to us, like a viper they got a hold of us and then little by little they sink into your blood stream (life) and cause some bigger issues in our lives. These vipers if not dealt with continue to hold on to us even when we got saved.
There was a time when Paul was shipwrecked on an island and while there trying to get warm by the fire, a viper latch out on him and got a hold of one of his hand. Like Paul in Acts 28, sometimes in our lives the devil knowing that each one of us were born for a God-given purpose which if it were ever fulfill, then it could cast a problem for his kingdom. The devil therefore arm with this information sets out to destroy our lives so that if we should ever give our life to God we would be so mess up in our minds/lives that it would take God years to deliver us. Moreover, these issues sometimes prevents many people from accepting Jesus Christ as their personal savior as the enemy have them bound to low self-esteem, inferiority, lying, pride, drunkenness, drug addiction, family issues, rape, incest, carnal and marital abuse, emotional abuse, lesbianism, homosexuality, promiscuity, a life of crime, prostitution among others. Many of these people have given up an live and the enemy has built a strong hold in their minds letting them believe God will never want them, or they’re worthless, pieces of trash that deserves to be thrown in the garbage bin.
From the day that we are born we were pushed into a warfare by no fault of ours, like Paul whose ship got wreck at sea and had to swim ashore, we are force to fight for our survival against the rough sea of life; and then only to have something’s attaches themselves to us.
I don’t know what it is that have gotten itself attach to you but like Paul, you can shake off the ‘beast’ that had jumped out at you from the midst of the fire back into the fire. Do not allow lying, stealing, fornication, lust, homosexuality or lesbianism, marital problems, mess up childhood, abuse relationships, pride, bitterness, angry, frustration etc to keep holding on to you. These are all weights that will pull us down further in hell; but no weapon that forms against you shall prosper. Shake off whatever it may that have gotten a hold of you. Christ came and died for your sins so that you can be set free from the vipers that had gotten hold of you.
No more chains!!!! These chains have been holding you captive for too, now it is time to fight back. Do you want to be made whole? I am not asking if you want a better job, or more money in your bank account. I am asking you if you want to live again? Do you want to be set free from the chains of low self-esteem, insecurity, drug abuse, prostitution, a life of crime amongst others?
Jesus wants you to live free from these chains, but you must make the first step.
How to be set free
Today, right now, freedom is being granted to you. Here is how:
- Get down on your knees and ask God to forgive you of all the things you have done and ask him to set you free from the sins that have you bound.
- Ask him to help you forgive all those people that have hurt you. For you to be fully free, you must forgive. Bitterness is a weight that will rob you of your joy and complete peace of mind
- Ask God to help you to find a bible base church that believes in the Holy Ghost and practice deliverance. Do your research because they are a lot of false churches being built on a regular basis. If you truly want to be set free God will direct your steps. If you need guidance you can contact us and we will help you to get into a bible-base church.
- Read Word of God. The bible is your road map and your compass. Everything you need is right there in the bible. Study it, Believe it and Live it.
All the best as you start this journey………
“I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.-St John 10: 9
“….My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness….”- 2 Corinthians 12:9
“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed”-St John 8:36
Have any experience you would like to share with us? What is your views on this issue? Please share your thoughts or comments with us by leaving a comment below. Like this article? Please share it on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you will not miss another post from us.
As it was in the beginning, so shall it also be in the end, only now it’s at a wider scale than it was in the days of the Apostles. However, one must ask the question, “Why so much confusion if there is one God? After all Christ and God is one person, and not many”.
Every denomination will readily accept that there is but one God and that Jesus came to earth to die for our sins, however, where the differences starts is, what role does Jesus really play and who is He (some churches say he is God e.g. Apostolic, while others deny this claim, e.g. Jehovah Witness); what about Christian dressing and attire? What name and form should we be baptize in? is there a baptismal formula we should follow? Which day should we worship? These and other doctrinal issues continually to keep the church divided.
What caused the church to be divided?
Christianity started well with preachers and teachers all saying the same thing, what really went wrong? Here are some things that I believe is the cause of the problem:
- False Teachers and Prophets- Paul in his last message to the Ephesians Elders (Acts 20:29-30) warned them that when he is departed ‘wolves’ (false teacher and prophets) will arise, even from within the church or congregation, and distort the Word of God (modify or change it to suit their purpose(s); and this still continues even right now as you read this message someone is out their changing the Word of God. We have to understand that the enemy of God, which is Satan and his servants and demons, are the masters of deception (lie), the bible calls Satan the father of all lies (John 8:44), and therefore he have sent out his servants or has influence godly teachers to teach and preach what the Bible never said or meant. The Bible said in 2 Corinthians 11:14 “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light”. Is your pastor or teachers teaching what the Bible really says?
- Incorrect interpretation of the Bible- Although they are a lot of teachers, with good intentions, may have simple misinterpret what the Bible or Word of God says or teaches; even the greatest teachers and preachers with the best intention find themselves in this situation. The situation becomes very problematic when 1. The individual fails to acknowledge his or her error when they learn of the truth 2. Fundamental topics or doctrines are being misinterpreted. This I believe is the root cause of why we are having so many different denominations e.g. Apostolic, Baptist, Church of Nazarene, Jehovah Witness, Seventh Day Adventist, Church of God and others. This have led to many different believes, for example, Apostolic believes in Speaking in Tongues and the infilling of the Holy Ghost while Seventh Day Adventist do not believe otherwise 3. The person(s) willfully teaches or preach false teachings with the intention of misguiding the people. This is indeed the most dangerous of the three as these people do not care about your salvation but is bent on deceiving and ultimately destroying the people. These people are on assignment given to them by their master the devil to rob mankind of the truth of God. However, despite of their progress and intention God has sent his chosen people to illuminate the darkness; to bring light and deliverance where there is none, and to preach the undiluted and an undisputed Word of God.
- Preachers and Pastors with wrong motives- There is no shortage of Pastors who forms churches with the intention of getting rich. The sad fact is that many of them have succeeded in deceiving millions of unsuspected people who really want to serve God. Many of these false Pastors have some of the biggest congregation, drive some of the biggest and latest cars, live in the biggest and fancies house etc. These are some of the preachers and Pastors we listen to on the radio, watch on YouTube, watch on TV and see each week.
We are living in a day and age where preaching the gospel of Christ is big business; people are no longer call and have a passion for ministry but many see preaching as a business, a get rich quick scheme. The world is dying for truth, to hear from God and these people have taken advantage of this. Many of them are some of the very preachers and Pastors who are always preaching about prosperity and material blessings and leaving the principles of the gospel and holiness. These are some of the very preachers and pastors who preach or teaches that God will never send his people to hell, that it is okay to live a double life as long as you attend church weekly and give your tithes and offerings, that it doesn’t matter who you are God will accept you and you can continue in your sin and even homosexuality, fornication and other sins the bible condemns. Do not get me wrong I have no problem with prosperity; after all I would love to have a nice house, car and material things, however, which is more important? Material things or your relationship with God? Your relationship with God of course as material things will fade away (Ecclesiastes 3:9-14, 18-22; 12:13-14). If God has blessed me with material things does it mean that I am living a life that pleases him? That is a big NO!!!! Once you work hard God will bless you. The problem with this teaching is when material things take center stage and not what the Bible teaches. For example, many high-profile Pastors in wanting to attract a large crowd (thereby putting more money in their pockets) teaches that there is no hell and nothing is wrong with homosexuality.
Preaching the Word of God is not, and should not be look at as a business but should be seen as a high calling, a call to bring the people to Christ. As a matter of fact Jesus lived a simple life and most of his followers did the same because they believed that godliness with contentment is a great gain (1 Timothy 6:6).
- People with Itching ears- The Bible clearly declares in the book of 2 Timothy 4:3-4, that in the Last Days many will not want to hear sound doctrine but will seek out teachers that will teach them what they want to hear, and what makes them feel good. We see this in the movie industry, music industry and in Christendom. But guess what, the truth of God is not always easy to hear, but it is what will save and keep you (e.g. your parents instructions are not always easy to hear and follow but it kept many of us out of trouble and made us productive citizens)
These are teachers that teach that Christians should not face problems when the Bible clearly let us know that everyone who wants to live godly will be persecuted (2 Timothy 3:12). These are preachers and teachers that teaches it is okay to live your life anyhow you pleases etc. I believe that this Bible reference is very fitting for our discussion:
1 Timothy 4:1-3
“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth”
- We have another set of people whose minds the enemy has blinded; therefore they cannot come to accurate knowledge of the Word of God, unless they receive deliverance (2 Corinthians 4:4). These are people who want to serve God but their spiritual eyes have been blinded, resulting in many of them teaching and believing a lie.
Preaching the Word of God is not, and should not be look at as a business but should be seen as a high calling, a call to bring the people to Christ. As a matter of fact Jesus lived a simple life and most of his followers did the same because they believed that godliness with contentment is a great gain
Unlike what many modern politicians, celebrities, preachers and others believe that there is no one absolute truth, I strongly believe that THERE IS ONE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, and that is the Word of God (John 17:17). The Word of God is truth and anything that goes against this is false; no one can truthfully say they have disputed what God says. Regardless of the fact that there is so much confusion in the Christian churches today I strongly believe that there is a true church in all this confusion. God has never left himself without a witness and the true church is still alive and active today. These are the people who are not afraid to believe and follow what the Bible teaches and follow in the Apostles doctrine.
In my conclusion, we as a people need to realize that it is the plan of the enemy (Satan and his demons and followers) to keep the people divided and in darkness. A divided people cannot and will not stand. It is his plan to deceive the world with the final goal of causing mankind to lose their soul and go to hell, it is a battle for the souls of mankind, God against the devil. The devil does not care MUCH if you go to church or not, he is mainly concern about what you will learn and put into practice.
It is however, the will of God our creator and Father that each of us have accurate knowledge of Him and be saved. The truth of God is out and it is up to each one of us to find it and be saved. Heaven or hell, which wills you chose? (Please see my other article which speaks about this Heaven Or Hell: Which Do you Choose? ).
What are your thoughts on what is happening in the churches today? You too can participate in this discussion by leaving a comment with our community below.
We are #living in a society where #men‘s #heart has become desperately wicked, a time when men have forgotten about #God and choose to live anyway they please without thinking about the consequences of their actions, but what did the Bible say about this? Was man created to live as they see fit, live without God?
The bible says that there is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end of it is death (Proverbs 16:2; 25), “for the wages of #sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal #life through #Jesus Christ our Lord”-Romans 23. We see that it is not the desire of God for man to live how he pleases, as the bible also says,
“Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes; but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with EVERY secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil”-Ecclesiastes 11:9;12:14)
We can live anyway we pleases, go to all the parties we want to and have all the girls and money we want, but remember this one thing, on the #Day of Judgment you and I will have to stand before God to answer to him how we have spent our life; if we spent it serving him or the devil? It is impossible for us to serve both God and #Satan, a chose between the two MUST be made; whether we live ONLY for God or live a double life (which by the way is serving Satan) Joshua 24:15; Matthew 6:24). On the Day of Judgment, what will be your responds when you are ask why you didn’t live for God? It is not the will of God that any of us should perish, but that all should come to repentance, and thus be saved from damnation (2 Peter 3:9).
If you haven’t given your life to God as yet, it was for you and I he bleed and died on the cross (Luke 5:35). The bible also says “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruished for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all”-Isaiah 53:5-6
It was because of pure love why Jesus paid the ultimate price for our sin, why did he do this? He did this because he want to redeem us from death to life and present us unblamable and unreproveable in his sight (Colossians 1:22). You were created for the glory of God and made for a God-given purpose (Isaiah 43:7)
What Happens after death
The question of what happens after death has puzzled scholars and non-scholars alive for centuries. The truth is, the subject of what happens after death has puzzled mankind for centuries because they failed to look to the Word of God for answers; the answers are right there in Bible if we just know where to look.
The Bible let us know that after death comes the judgment (Hebrews 9:27). That means that immediately after man dies, they have to stand before the judgment seat of God (this is the first judgment we face, the other is when Jesus returns to the earth). If we have lived a Christian life that was according to the Word of God then we will not go to #heaven, but we will be in a place of holding until the final day when Jesus returns (Luke 16: 22). On the other hand, if we failed to live a life that is pleasing to God and lived as we saw fit, then #hell shall be our home (Luke 16: 23)
The Bible said that hell has enlarge its mouth, this simple means that hell is getting larger as every minute someone dies without salvation. Many people will argue that after they die they will cease to exist, but that is a deceptive lie by Satan and his servants to keep mankind from ever receiving what God has prepared for his people. If there is a heaven, then there also is a hell.
The Day of Judgment
The Bible said in Daniel 12: 2 that
“And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt”-Daniel 12:2.
When Jesus returns he will pay every man what they have worked for, some will receive eternal life while some receive everlasting damnation in the Lake of Fire. It does not matter who you are, what you have done throughout your life or how many people you helped or fed, each one of us shall stand before the judgment seat of Jesus and give an account of what we did throughout our lives (Revelation 20: 11-15; 21: 3-8; 22: 12.
Just like some will have everlasting life, in similar fashion some will have everlasting torment; we don’t just cease to exist after death as some people may want you to believe.
God said “I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction….”- Hosea 13:14
Hell is a terrible place, a place of eternal torment, and like the rich man and Lazarus in the Bible, you will always remember all the things you did that was wrong while alive and all the opportunities given to you to repent and give your life to God, like the one given to you right now through this article you’re reading at this very moment.
The bible describes hell as:
- A fire that never shall be quenched-Mark 9:43
- A kingdom-Matthew 16:18
- Those who go there are damn-Matthew 23:33
- A place where you will remember all the wrong you did and opportunities given to you-Luke 16:23-25
- A place of no escape, your trap there forever-Luke 16:26
- A place of torment , everlasting punishment and damnation-Luke 16:23; Matthew 25:46
- It was not created for man (man chose to go to hell) but for the devil and his demons- Matthew 25:41
- It is in the earth-Isaiah 14:9,15
- Hell has enlarged herself, and opened its mouth without measure-Isaiah 5:14
- In hell there shall wailing (weeping) and gnashing of teeth-Matthew 13:42; 25:30
- A place where there is outer darkness-Matthew 25:30
- Shall be the home of those that obey not the Word of God (the gospel) and is away from the presence of God-Daniel 12:2; 2 Thessolonians 1:8-9
No one is immune to hell. Unrepentant Christians, sinners, and even children; once you know right from wrong you have a choice to make. “And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God…And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire”-Revelation 20:12,15
According to Matthew 7: 13-14, The road to heaven is described as a very narrow road, one that is not so very attractive and comes with rejection, abuse, suffering etc., but it’s also the road that leads to eternal life, good things don’t always comes in a beautiful package or even taste good. Few people choose this road. The road to hell on the other hand is described as a very board road. Everything is accepted on this road and you can do all that you please. You can party as you wish, have all the sex you want, smoke, lie, steal, hate, matter of fact you don’t have to do anything much to walk on this road, just live your life. However, have you ever seen something that is so beautifully package; let’s say a meal at a very expensive restaurant, the meal looks very attractive and just looking at it makes you start salivate? However, when you paid for the meal and start eating the meal you realize that it only look delicious, but it taste AWFUL, you want to throw up, but you are stuck with a mean you no longer want because you felt for the packaging.
That is what hell is like, only that you can always throw away the meal you bought from a restaurant and buy another, but in hell there is no second chance, no throwing it away, you already felt for the packaging and now you’re stuck with your ‘purchase’. Some people don’t care where they will spend their eternity; all they care about is enjoying this life because they believe they will always have tomorrow to repent; others say they are too young to serve God and must first live their life to the fullest.
Can you predict the future? No! so why invest in something that is not certain, why gamble your future with something that will not benefit you? Which do you prefer; serving God now and have a future in paradise with him, or to serve the devil now and enjoy life doing all that you please then end up in hell? You might say you are not serving the devil but once you have not given your life to God and living according to his word, then the sad truth is that you are a servant of Satan (Romans 6:12-14).
God is not the God of the adulterers, of the fornicators, of liars, he is not the God of the those who hates, malice, do not forgive, proud, backbiters, thieves, deceivers, those who envy, coveteous, unloving and unkind etc. God is a God of those that live righteously
“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor coveteous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God”-1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Don’t be fool, not everyone who calls upon God will be save, but they that doeth the will of God (Luke 6:46) so not because you go to #church means that you will be save, but you must align your life to the word of God, so….
What can you do to escape hell?
The road to heaven is not an easy road, but you can make it. Here are some steps you can take to escape hell:
1) Repent for all the wrongs you’ve done, it should be a daily thing. The Bible says that “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”-Romans 3:23. From we are born we are automatically born in sin (Romans 5:17,19), and thus we have to push our way into heaven (Matthew 11:12), this starts by repentance. Repentance is basically acknowledging that you have sinned against God and thus ask him to forgive you for the wrongs you’ve done. It then means that you have to turn your life around, it won’t be easy but his grace is sufficient to keep you from falling.
2) Surrender your life to him. This starts with baptism in Jesus name (Acts 2:38; 4:12). Baptism means that you have now forsaken the world and all its sinful conducts and have decided that you will now follow Jesus Christ. Baptism is both a burial and a resurrection’ dead to the world and live to the things of God (Romans 6:2-7). The Bible said that heaven rejoice when one sinner gives their life to God, that’s how important you are to God (Luke 15:22-24; Matthew 18:12-14).At times you will fall back into sin, but do not stay there but get back up, repent and continue on your Christian journey.
3) Receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. If you are a Christian and haven’t receive the in filling of the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues, then you need to as without the Spirit of God your none of his, for it is the Spirit that bears witness with our spirit that we are a child of God (Romans 8: 9, 16). We also need the Holy Ghost to help us to live a holy life (Romans 8:4-13) and to raise us up when Jesus returns for the redeem (1 Corinthians 6:14)
The plan of God for your life is to give you an everlasting rest. Jesus died so that you will not go to hell. However, many people by the life they live have already chosen hell and the lake of fire as their final destination
Being saved is a process, and each process is important. In the same way you cannot leave the country to visit another country without ALL the required documents, it is the same way you need all the requirements if you want to escape hell and go to heaven. This process starts with TRUE repentance.
Now is the acceptable time to seek after God, now is the acceptable time to receive salvation. God said
“Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear”-Isaiah 59:1. So therefore “Seek ye the Lord while HE MAY BE FOUND, call ye upon him WHILE HE IS NEAR. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous his thoughts: and let him return unto he Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to. our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”-Isaiah 55:6-7
Which Church should I attend?
Many people seek a church that makes them feel good, give them things, or speak things acceptable to them, but this will not guarantee your salvation, instead seek a church where the Spirit of God is moving and where men and #women seek after God. Yes you might find hypocrites, liars, thieves etc. there but don’t watch them, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE; the only place these persons don’t exist is in heaven. The Bible says that Jesus will come in a day or time when we think not (Mark 13:32). The second he puts in his appearance could be the day you are doing something that you shouldn’t be doing.
God’s plan for your life
God wants to take you from a life of sin, he wants to give you an everlasting inheritance that no one cannot defraud or take from you. He wants to be your God “But your iniquities (sins) have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear”-Isaiah 59::2
Seek after God will all your heart, mind, strength, soul and body and whatever you desire will be granted unto you (Matthew 6:33) “Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity”-Isaiah 58:9
Won’t you accept his love for you today and escape hell? Hell is real and everyone who is not in Christ WILL BE GOING TO HELL!!
“Incline your ear, and come unto me; hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David”-Isaiah 55:3
Please share your thoughts or comments with us by leaving a comment below. Like this article? Please share it on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you will not miss another post from us.
Do you have faith? It is a fact that we are living in a faithless generation; a generation that must see before they believe. This is partly because science have taught us that we should only believe in something that we can see, on top of this many people have lost faith because of past failures; perhaps they asked God for something and he did not come through for them.
Many people have stopped believing not only in the miracles that took place in the Bible, but also in the Bible as a whole. Science has replaced the Word of God for millions of people. Many cannot understand how Jesus could have walked on water, how Moses could have parted the Red Sea, how Jesus could have died and risen again the third day, the story of Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis, amongst other biblical stories; they sees the Bible as just a story book one tells to their children at bedtime.
Do you have faith?
Many educators would want you to believe that there is no such thing as faith, but at the same time they themselves have faith in what they teach, their family and others. If faith is not believing in someone that what you asked them to do they are capable of doing it and will do what they promise, then probably they are right, there is no such thing as faith. But the fact is, there is something as faith. You have faith that you will see tomorrow even though you haven’t seen it as yet, you believe that tomorrow you are going to work, and have even started making plans for it, even though you haven’t seen tomorrow as yet.
The Bible says that “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”-Hebrews 11:1. Faith therefore believes in God even though you do not see the end results of what you ask of him. You have faith that what you are hoping for, he will grant it. Faith is believing in something that you haven’t seen as yet.
When we read the Bible we see the fathers of our faith and how through their faith in God they did exploits, destroy kingdoms, work miracles, bear children, woman son coming back to live, amongst others. For example, Noah built an ark in expectancy for something that they never saw before, that is rain. Now that is faith.
Faith will help you to endure the trials of life. When our faith in God is strong will help us to endure the trials of live because we believe that God is there with us and will bring us through.
Faith without work is no faith at all
If faith is believing in something that you haven’t seen as yet, why then did I not receive what God had promise me or what I prayed for?
Many people have not received what they prayed for, or what God had promised them because of:
- Doubt. God cannot work in an atmosphere of doubt. We see this manifestation when Jesus was in his home town and could not do much because of the unbelieves of the people. It is not that he cannot work anywhere in an in any environment if he chooses, but doubt is telling God that he cannot do what he is about to do. Unbelief is a form of rejection or doubting that God can do what he says he can do (Mark 6:1-6). Many times we allow doubt to creep in and thus abort the promises of God. If God made you a promise, he will fulfill his promise
- There is no work. Many people believe God for a car, ministry a family but they makes no move towards it. How are you going to get a job if you don’t write that application letter and send it out? Your faith must be mixed with work, do something. By doing something you are giving God something to work on.
The Bible says in the book of James 2:20 that “Faith without works is dead”. If you don’t act upon what you believe then your faith is dead and a dead faith is no faith at all. Faith must work, it must produce, it must be visible. Verbal faith is not enough; mental faith is insufficient. Faith must be there, but it must be more, it must inspire action. For example, if you say you will go to college, if you don’t apply for any college then you will never go to college, even if an angel from God come on tell you that you are going to college, you must do something.
If there is no work, then it is not faith. Many people stops at the promise or what they pray for. They have been praying for years for God to bless them with a car or a house but they have not given God anything to work on. Sometimes what God requires from us is worship and praise, sometimes it is working for him in the ministry, sometimes it is some other action(s).
- We fail to do our part of the bargain. When God makes us a promise he expects something in return, perhaps God promised you that he will bless you and your generation to come, but you forsake him and start serving the god of money, sex etc. God promised Israel that no nation will be able to stand before them and he will bless their crop but when they started serving other gods’ God took away their blessings. God wants us to put him first and forsake all others. He wants us to be faithful unto him
The Power of faith
Faith is very powerful and will take us very far. If you have faith you can be heal of that sickness, you can come out of debt, you can be free from the shackles of promiscuity, drug abuse, low self-esteem, poverty. If you have faith you can be who you want to be. If you have faith you can move the mountains in your life and live an abundant life.
Please share your thoughts or comments with us by leaving a comment below. Like this article? Please share it on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you will not miss another post from us.
We are #living in an era where #sin has become the norm; something you do without thinking about the consequences even if you know it is wrong. We are also living in an era where many people feel #trap; trap in sin and feel as if there is no way out; they feel like they will forever be in the state they are in and have no choice but to continue living the way they have been for so many years.
But I am here to tell you that there is another way; you can be set free from the pain, the hurts, the humiliation, #freedom from all the burdens of your sins. You can be set free now, but only through the precious blood of #Jesus.
Throughout history, thousands of people suffered through the hands of slavery. Jamaicans, Haitians and even African-Americans can remember time past in their history when they were once living under the hands of slavery and treated less than an animal. Even though these countries are no longer living under the system of slavery, they are still feeling the pinch of slavery hundreds of years later. No one can seriously deny that slavery has not made a damaging impact on our history and even who we are today.
However, there is another form of slavery that began from creation in the Garden of Eden when #Adam and Eve were thrown out because of sin; this form of slavery continues today and is wreaking havoc in everyone’s life. None of us are immune to this form of slavery as are all expose to it, and to some extent most of us breathe it every day. This form of slavery is SIN. Yes sin is our slave master, once we live in it. The bible says that whoever we decide to obey is our master whether it be #God or sin (which brings worrying, physical and spiritual death and all manner of head/heartache)-Romans 6:16. The Bible also let us know in Romans 5:12 that through Adam sin entered the world and so death were passed on to all #men because all have sinned. Just as we inherit physical traits from our parents, we inherit our sinful nature from Adam.
What Is Sin?
Someone may ask, what is sin? We all have heard about sin and have all used the word, but what is it really? Sin can be defined as anything that is contrary what the Bible says. In other words, sin is anything that God says is sin or is against. For example, the bible says we’re not to slander and envy our ‘brother’ (all human beings can be classified as our brother)-1 Peter 2:1, if you’re guilty of doing this you has committed a sin.
Sin and mankind
From Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden man became predispose to sin, it’s our nature, we learn it, we see it every day and greatly desire it (e.g. sex), we breathe it and sometimes sleep with it, its appealing and sometimes seems like it’s the right thing to do and we must engage in such acts. You may ask, since sin is so prominent in our world, isn’t it okay to sin? The bible says that:
“There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death”-Proverbs 14:12
From the beginning of creation mankind has been enticed by the devil to commit sin, there is therefore a fight to do that which is right-Galatians 5:17 and we seems to be a willing participant to the plan of the enemy to plug man into sin daily.
Sin is destructive
Sin has destroy nations through wars and other destructive means such as famine etc., families, the lives of people, businesses and even animals have at some point felt the wrath of sin. Yet we continue to sin. It is sin that cause a man to rape a 5-year-old child, that causes an eleven (11) year old girl to get pregnant, that destroys marriages; it is sin that cause a man to break into another man home etc. Sin is the reason the world is in the state that it is in now. It is sin that cause us to behave the way we do at times. Sin brings with it torment, destruction and helplessness.
Freedom from sin
Many people are hook and drugs and other forms of addictions, homosexuality, sex, partying and other destructive behaviors without any sign of ever turning their lives around. Thousands of people living now lives or being destroy by sin; sin does not care who you are or how old you are; it does not care if you are a young child or if you are an elderly woman. Sin is very destructive. We read about its destructive pattern on news, read about it in the newspaper, experience it in our daily life, and seen it with our eyes on a daily basis.
They are many people at this present moment who feel trap. Trap by the sin of #addiction, sex, homosexuality, jobs that are sinful among other things. Day after day they cry inwardly for #deliverance while showing the outside world that they are living a joyful life; but what they are actually living is a lie.
The selfish desires of mankind have kept the world and everything in it in bondage; but there is a way out. Each one of us can be free from the shackles of sin and live a bountiful life; but this can only come through having a personal #relationship with Jesus, this starts by accepting him as your personal savior.
Jesus tells us, “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep ….. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”-John 10: 7, 10
The death of Christ has brought his people #liberty. Freedom from the bondage of sin, we therefore no longer have to live under the lust of sin, we are free to serve God and not sin- Gal 4:3,5; Eph 4:17-19; Rom 6: 1-2,6-8,18. He made the sacrifice for us so that we can have life and have it more abundantly and thus live a fulfilled life free from condemnation.
They are many persons at this present moment who feel trap. Trap by the sin of addiction, sex, homosexuality, jobs that are sinful amongst other things. Day after day they cry inwardly for deliverance while showing the outside world that they are living a joyful life; but what they are actually living is a lie.
Consider: If you are enslave in very harsh bondage for many years and someone comes to give you freedom, freedom without any strings attach; freedom from inhumane and harsh treatment day after day; wouldn’t you accept this freedom?
I am sure no one would want to live enslave by anyone. Since we have received this freedom from sin we should not entangle ourselves in the yoke of sin.
“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage”-Galatians 5:1
Each one of us has the responsibility to accept this freedom that Jesus gives from sin; your mother can pray for you and tell you about God, but she cannot save you. Salvation is a choice and it is your responsibility to make that choice. Jesus has already paid the price for your freedom; it is now your responsibility to accept this freedom.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”- St John 3: 16
“For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost”- St. Matthew 18:11
“I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”-Luke 5:32
“Behold I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me”-Revelation 3: 28
“And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be…..blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city”- Revelation 22:12,14
We all face situations that at times have us bound, and thus cry for deliverance. It is God’s will for us to live free from trials; nevertheless trials are a part of life.
Let’s talk about some facts: It is a fact that every day there are people around the world that need something urgently, whether it may be a husband, a wife or a child, or whether it may be healing from a deadly or painful or stressful sickness, or they are going through something that they really need a breakthrough or deliverance from. It is a fact that every day someone commits suicide because they don’t want to face their situation any more. It is a fact that every second someone lose faith in ever receiving the help they need.
It is a fact that at times we will face something that threatens how we view life, God, ourselves and probably make us think of committing suicide. This is a fact of life that has nothing to do with your social status and economical background. These things at times seek to break or bring us to our knees. It is a fact that everyone that is born of a woman will encounter problems. It is a fact that all most everyone, if not all, that is reading this article right now on How to be delivered from situations that has you trap, or visit this BibleWayMag- The Christian Magazine of Choice is going through something or will be going through something that they need deliverance from and or breakthrough with. These are all facts of life.
However, can I give you another fact that supersedes every other fact we may encounter in life? It is a fact that whatsoever you may be going through or whatever problems you may be facing, or will face, regardless of how big or small they may be, that there is a God name Jesus Christ who is the great I AM-A God who will be whatever you want him to be- your doctor, lawyer, counselor, salesman, provider, body-guard, teacher, father, mother, best friend etc. The best part about this great fact is that he is accessible to you RIGHT NOW, he doesn’t slumber or sleep, get weary or take vocation or sick leave. Moreover, he doesn’t charge any money for his service and he NEVER FAILS. If you call upon him he will hear you and attend unto your cry. This is a fact above all other facts.
To add to this he can be touch with the feelings of your infirmities because he once went through or face similar situation like the once you, or someone you know, facing right now, he sees and knows everything (Hebrews 4:13-16). It is because of what he went through and the love he has for you why he can and will help you with whatever your situation may be (Hebrews 2:18; 5:2).
Here are some other facts:
1) If you seek him with your whole heart then everything you need will be given to you (Matthew 6:33)
2) Worrying about your situation will not help you, but instead of worrying put your trust and confidence in the ALL POWERFUL God (Matthew 6:25-30)
3)If you persistently seek him through prayer and have faith you will receive what you ask for-once it’s not contrary to the bible (Matthew 21:21-22; Mark 9:23; Luke 18:3-5)
4) He is the one that form you from you were in the womb and he promise that even when your old and gray he will carry you through every situation, and will be your deliverer (Isaiah 46:3-4).
5) He is a untimed God. Sometimes it may seem like he is not coming through for you, but he will not come through when you want him, but he will come when the time is right. Sometimes he will even wait until your situation is dead for many days before he shows up so he can prove to you that he is an ALL POWERFUL and WISE GOD, because he is the resurrection (St. John 11:21,35-44)
6) He is your redeemer (saver) and shall redeem you, or save you, from any and every situation (Isaiah 47:4; 50:2).
7) His hands are not shorten that it cannot save you, neither his ear heavy that it cannot hear you when you call upon him (Isaiah 59:1)
8) Call upon him and he will answer you (Jeremiah 33:3; Isaiah 58:9)
9) Stand still and put your faith in him and the Egyptian army that seeks to bring you into despair and hopeless will be no more because the Lord will fight for you-your Egyptian army represents any situation you’re going through that cause depression or despair, even sadness and cause you to even lose faith (Exodus 14:10,13-18,22-31).
10) You will not get your breakthrough and or deliverance by your own strength and or power but you will receive it by the Spirit of God because he is your strength and defender (Zechariah 4:6-7)
11) God is asking you not to carry your own burdens but to put it ALL on him because he cares for you (Matthew 11:28-30; 1 Peter 5:7)
12) He come to give you live and live more abundantly- it’s the devils job to tear you down but God will build you up (St John 10: 10-11).
I don’t know what you’re going through or what you’ve been asking God for, but I would like to urge you not to give up or lose hope because God cares for you and is about to answer your prayer, you will receive your breakthrough if you faint not. It may be long and you might suffer much or even cry a lot, God feels your pain and hear every faithful prayer. Your heavy burdens will soon be cast down; your change will come, just keep worshipping God in Spirit and truth and keep trusting and praying.
Sometimes why you’re not receiving your breakthrough and or deliverance there is a war going on in their spiritual realm for your breakthrough; like the dark clouds before a rain covering a particular area, so is the spiritual atmosphere. For you therefore to receive your breakthrough you have to break through that dark cloud through persistent prayer (and even fasting) and trusting God while offering God true worship and praise.
Sometimes God will put you in the wilderness so he can prove himself unto you. There will be many times you feel like throwing in the towel and may even question if God is with you. I am here to tell you that God will never leave you. If you seek the Lord and put your trust in him, He will deliver you.
Each one of us as soon as we become a Christians we instantly enter warfare, the battle against good and evil. Before we all became a Christian it was much easier for us to engage in sinful activities (depending on our parental upbringing), however when we became Christians we now have to acknowledge certain guidelines of behavior, for example, before we became Christians we could engage in sexual activities when we choose, but when we became a Christian we no longer can engage in such activities outside of marriage.
The bible let us know that the kingdom of God suffers violence, and the violent we should take it by force (Matthew 11: 12). This simple means that to do the will of God takes determination, vigor, persistent and commitment. It’s simple not an easy road. However, the bible let us know that God will not give us more than we can bear neither will he let us walk on a road that he himself never travels on. Therefore we can rest a sure that God will help us to overcome no matter what challenges comes our way. If we are tempted, he will provide away of escape for us so that we will not fall into sin. However, the question now is, if I am a Christian, How do I stand?
Here are some steps in standing for God
- Realize first of all that we are all humans and there are times that we will fall, but it’s important for us to know that we can get back up, dust the dirt off of our garment and try not to fall again (1 John 1:9;2:1). When we make a mistake or sin against God we can go boldly before the throne of God and ask him for forgiveness (Hebrews 4:16). I don’t care how far you have fallen, God is waiting to forgive you and take you back in his loving arms.
However, it is important for us not to continue in sin by being presumptuous. Being presumptuous means knowing that the thing is wrong but we continue doing it because we can seek God for forgiveness. This should not be. To repent means to change our wrong behavior, e.g. if you tell a lie and repents your repentance means that you have acknowledge the sin and will try your very best not to tell another lie, with all sincerity.
- Fast, pray and read the Word of God often- Fasting and prayer will give us the strength we need to stand and cause us to grow closer to God. The closer we get to God the more strength we will gain to live holy and the better our relationship will be with him. Jesus said that some things that we will face can only be handle through prayer and fasting (Matthew 17:21) and said of his disciples that they will have to fast when he is no longer with them (Matthew 9: 15), why? Because they will need to fast often so they can stand.
- Hang out with people who can strengthen and motivate you- As human beings we are social beings, and what that means is that we need each other, we need to socialize in order to survive. However, we have a choice in who we keep as friends or keep as mere acquaintances and whose voice we hold in high regards. It is very important that if we want to stand by the word of God then we should seek out people that will strengthen and motivate us. Even if the person is not as strong as you are but the person is seeking after God, iron sharpens iron, we should still befriend that person.
- Be committed – This Christian walk requires us to be committed. The bible said that the kingdom of God suffers violence and this violence cause men to PUSH their way into the kingdom (Matthew 11: 12), to stand for God is not a simple walk in the park; it requires vigor, courage, commitment, perseverance and self-motivation. The only way we are going to enter the Kingdom and abide in the Word of God we got to have a made up mind. We have already started on this road, yes it is ruff and we will get some ‘bruises, along the way, but we MUST BE COMMITTED TO STAND AGAINST ALL ADDS, NO MATTER WHAT!!
- Don’t allow your peers to discourage you- Most of us will agree that our greatest motivator is often not the word of God, but our peers (persons around us). Although we acknowledge that God should be the one we listen to, we sometimes allow the people around us to dictate to us how we should think and behave instead of the Word of God. We are surrounding by entertainment industry (movies, music’s) encouraging us to go against God’s word using people who we can relate to and our own age. This is a snare of the enemy. If we don’t fast, pray, and read the word of God often, be committed and hang out with peers or persons that will encourage and motivate us to follow the word of God, then sadly we will not stand firm as a Christian.
- Feast your mind upon things of God- There is a slogan that says ‘you’re what you eat’ this is also true for our spiritual life, whatever you feed your mind upon, that is what will direct your life. The Bible says in Galatians 6:7-8, “Be not deceive; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting”. If we constantly feed our mind upon sexual things then we will not be able to stand, we will become weak and fall into temptations.
My encouragement to you is to feast your mind upon things that are pure, of good report, things that will uplift and strengthen you.
Being a Christian is not an easy road to walk on, but God said that he will not leave us alone. We do not have fight this battle alone and we do not have to be backslider, but we can stand on the Word of God.
What is your views on how we can stand as a Christian and overcome sin? Please share your thoughts or comments with us by leaving a comment below. Like this article? Please share it on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you will not miss another post from us.
The Woman With the Issue of Blood: If I May But Touch…
While Jesus was on a mission to raise a little girl that was dead, there was a woman who, was not dead, but nevertheless had an urgent need that only the master could solve. She had an issue of blood (also known as Hemorrhage or Menstruation-“a bleeding, either within the body or from the body surface; discharge of blood..” World Book Dictionary). This was a condition (or disease) that was seen as unclean by the Jews based on their mosaic law given to by Moses-Lev 15:25. Therefore, according to their custom or law women with an issue of blood would be seen as unclean and thus should not be in contact with ANYONE for the ENTIRE period of her uncleanness. Moreover everything she touched would automatically become unclean-Leviticus 15:20-28.
Imagine being in this condition for not two weeks (average period of time a woman should have this condition), but for twelve (12) long and depressing years? Can you imagine living in a society, home or environment where people, even your family and close friends would scorn you, you feel like an outcast by your own people, rejected and probably destitute because you’re not able to work and no one will go anywhere near you? You spent money on medical expense but still the condition remained. Your stress beyond measure, depress and without any hope in the world because you have lost hope years ago. Perhaps she cried herself to sleep many nights and woke up with her pillows soaked with tears. She felt lonely as no one would come near her. She feels like no one cares about her, perhaps she says God has forgotten about her; perhaps she walks around day by day with the burdensome thought of being punish by God for some unforgiven sin she have forgotten about.
This situation she was in must have taken a serious toll on her physical body, her mind and psychological well-being. She had expended all her property, but only grew worse- Mk 5:26. You can just imagine her fear of touching Jesus and the anxiety brought on by this fear, her action was like an abomination, she therefore took a great gamble.
The Bible in Matthew 9:20 says that she touched the hem of his garment. This garment was probably the square garment which was thrown over the shoulders. This was surrounded by a border, or fringe; and this fringe, or the loose threads hanging down, is what is meant by the hem. The Jews were commanded to wear this in order to distinguish them from other nations- See Nu 15:38,39, De 22:12 (Barnes New Testament Notes)
Imagine being in this condition for not two weeks (average period of time a woman should have this condition), but for twelve (12) long and depressing years? Can you imagine living in a society, home or environment where people, even your family and close friends would scorn you, you feel like an outcast by your own people, rejected and probably destitute because you’re not able to work and no one will go anywhere near you?
The woman realize that the doctors could not help her and she was in a dire situation, and thus hearing of the miracles of Jesus decided that if she could touched the hem of his garment, she will be set free from the issue of the blood; seeing her opportunity she therefore made use of it. This woman reminds me of the man that layed at a pool by the sheep market (St John 5:2-9) for thirty eight (38) long years. He also had lost all hopes when Jesus came his way as he saw no way out of his situation. Having an infirmity for many years is enough to cause even the most faithful to start losing faith and become comfortable in their depressive condition. Nevertheless he remains there waiting, waiting for his deliverance. Probably your in a similar situation for years and need Jesus to pass your way, desperately and eagerly you sit there, waiting.
After pressing her way through and touching Jesus garment she was healed, immediately; it is important to understand that this was not an ordinary touch, but it was a significant and desperate touch mixed with faith as when she touched the hem of his garment Jesus said that he felt virtue left his body; he therefore enquire about who touched him. The same story in Mark says that the woman, being very fearful and trembling, came and told him the truth. Perhaps she feared that, from the impure nature of her disease, he would be offended that she touched him.
Sometimes when you need something really bad from God you cannot allow your personal situation, or even the people around you, to hinder you from receiving your breakthrough. Though the woman was conscious of her situation, her environment and that her action was forbidden she was willing to go through a wall of flesh (her own unconsciousness and fear and the people around Jesus) to receive what she needed. She had enough faith to believe that all she needed to do was, not confront Jesus and ask him to lay his hand on her, but just to touch the hem of his garment.
Like the woman with the issue of blood you too can receive your healing/deliverance. It doesn’t matter how long you have been in your particular situation, you may feel perplexed, embarrass to seek help or even talk to God about it, depress, feel stress beyond measure, you may feel like the wall is closing in on you and there is no way out of this box that you have been locked in for 12 or even 38 years; but there is a God that specializes in the things that seems impossible. He is a God that go into your past and fix everything that went wrong (all your mistakes, family issues etc.), he is a God that heals and cares about every little thing about you because is our high priest, “which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities…”-Hebrews 4: 15. The word of God said “Casting all your cares upon him; for he careth for you”-1 Peter 5:7. Again it says, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”- Matthew 11: 28
Although those words were spoken thousands of years ago they still apply to us today. No situation is too big for God to solve and NO ONE is excluded it doesn’t matter what you have done in the past, doing now or your family background, God cares about you and want you to-
“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace (God divine favor) to help in time of need”-Hebrews 4: 16
Do you have an ‘issue of blood’ that only God can fix? Is your situation too big for anyone to handle? Before you even check someone else, seek the help of God from your heart and He’ll be there. You must believe, “… for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”-Hebrews 11:6
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you”-Matthew 7: 7
Your comment and or question are greatly appreciated. Please share this and other post with others. If you like my blog please subscribe and visit regularly.
The #Bible says that it is not the will of #God for anyone to perish, but that for all #men to come to #repentance, and thus be saved from the #wrath of God to come (2 Peter 3:9), Jesus therefore came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance (Luke 5: 35) so that we will have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
We were once a people without any God or any #hope of #salvation (Ephesians 2:11-16), however, through the #death of Jesus we all have hope, hope of salvation, if we receive it, as the bible said “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed (delivered from #death)-Isaiah 53:5. It is through the sacrifice of #Christ we are saved and have this hope of salvation.
We are just pilgrims on this earth passing through. If we are therefore just pilgrims passing through, my question to you then is where will you spend your eternity when your life on earth is ended? Where will be your home when you die or Christ comes back for his chosen people? Your choice on earth now will help to determine where you will spend your long eternity.
If you’re not saved, meaning you haven’t given your life to God, then sadly you’re #living your life in jeopardy every day. Every day you delay the process is a day you spend serving #Satan and could just be the day you die, there is no repentance in the grave as after death comes the judgment (Hebrews 9: 27). The bible says
“Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy #heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes; but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with EVERY secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil”-Ecclesiastes 11:9; 12:14)
“And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt”-Daniel 12:2.
This therefore means that to escape the wrath of God’s judgment, you NEED to be save, you need to “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling”-Philippians 2:12, knowing the terror of God I persuade you to make your choice, and make it well. I therefore implore you not to delay but surrender your life to him because he is coming back soon to pay every man according to his work shall be, whether it may be bad or good.
Also on BibleWayMag.com: Will becoming a Christian Prevents Me from going to hell?
So how can I be saved?
To anyone who wants to be receive salvation, God’s hands are out stretch waiting to welcome you. Here are some guidelines on how you can receive salvation and be saved:
1) Acknowledge that you’re a sinner and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 2:23). None of us was born perfect and were all born in sin and shape in iniquity (Psalms 51: 5).
2)After you have acknowledged that you’re not living your life according to the standard of God, and thus are in need of Jesus in your life (you need salvation), you then need to ask God to forgive you of your sins, this is call repentance. To repent means that your sincerely sorry for the way that you have been living your life (to do this you have to examine your life and see that without Christ you are not saved and have not given your life to him). You then need to make a decision to change your life and live it according to the Words of God, which is the bible.
3) After you have acknowledged that you’re a sinner you now need to be #born again. To be born again means that you have become a new person and have put away the old you; the things you use to do that is against God you will do them no more. To be born again the bible says that you must “….be born of water and of the spirit…”-John 3:5
- a) To be born of water means that your now baptized. When your baptized, your baptize into the death of Christ and have thus crucified the old man, that means you will no longer serve sin (Romans 6:3, 6). #Baptism is a very important step/process in salvation and is therefore one that we MUST follow in order to be saved. We must put on the name of Jesus through baptism, not in Father, Son and Holy Ghost, but ONLY in the name of Jesus Christ for there is no other name given under heaven whereby man must be saved (Acts 2:36; 4:12; Romans 6:3).
- b) #The Holy Ghost is also very important as you must be filled with the Holy Ghost. It is the Holy Ghost that will cause us to be caught to live with Christ when he returns (1 Corinthians 6:14). The Holy Ghost also testifies that we are now a son or child of God. It is a part of God living inside of us enabling us to be witnesses of him and live a holy life (Romans 8:9, 14; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Acts 1:8).The Holy Ghost is also your teacher (John 14:26).
After you have done this, even before you receive the free gift of the Holy Ghost, you should start aligning your life according to the will of God. You can only do this by reading the Bible often so you will know what is required of you, and also your rights as heir of the kingdom.
Salvation is given to everyone who is willing to receive it with a willing heart. Being saved is not an easy task, but is one that is very rewarding. It is a road that will save you from eternity in #hell; it is a road in which you are assure of divine help, protection, guidance and intervention. God loves you with an everlasting love and it was for you he came to earth to die, it was to redeem you from sin so you don’t have to spend your eternity in a place of torment.
See also: Is there a heaven and hell?
God is coming back for those that have given their life to him and to punish those that refuse his free gift of salvation (man is the one that choose hell, not God for us). The choice is yours today; will you accept his free gift of salvation? Choose wisely, choose God
“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom you will serve…. but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”-Joshua 24:15
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (all that you need)-Matthew 6:33
Accept salvation today before it is too late, choose God, choose life and not death.
See also: What does it means to be a Christian?
In the book of Matthew 19:17-22, there was a man in the bible that came to Jesus one day wanting to know what he had to do to inherit eternal life in the kingdom of heaven. This man had great possessions. Jesus told him that if he should inherit eternal life he must keep the commandments. Like many of us, wanting to justify himself, he told Jesus that from his youth he have been keeping all the commandments of God. This man locked nothing, except…………. he was not willing to give up a portion of his earthly treasures to the poor for the kingdom sakes.
Like the rich man in this story many of us have some things in our life that we are not willing to let go of. For some of us it’s our sexual partner, our children, our family, not willing to forgive that person that hurt us, hatred, bitterness, our bad attitude(s), anger, bad manners, the partying, our earthly possessions, while for some of us it’s our job and for others IT’S OUR TIME. Some of us cannot remember the last time we took a break from our work or life to breathe a word prayer to God, when last we fasted for even few hours, when last we went into the house of God and seriously give him some worship and praise for what he has done for us. When it comes to giving God what is due unto him some of us find all the excuses in the world, I am too tired, I’m not feeling so well in my body etc, but can never seem to find even one reason to give him praise. We fail to let it go…..
To enter into the kingdom of heaven we have to be willing to give up something daily for God, for example, the choice of having sex with that cute girl or guy at our workplace. Nothing is worth you losing your salvation over. Whatever you seek after more than God is your god.
Whatever you seek after and hold on to that you’re not willing to let go of for the kingdom sake make sure that it is good enough to be your god, make sure that it will save you from hell. Make sure when you’re sick its able to heal you; when you’re on your dying bed its able to raise you, it can protect you from the snare of the wicked or stop a bullet from killing you. Whatever you hold on to make sure that it can find your children in another country; make sure it is good enough to be your god.
What viper has attached itself to you that you’re finding hard to let go of? For the man in the story it was his possession. His heart was not focus on things above but upon things that are of this world. Earthly treasures, jobs, money, education, family etc is only temporarily, it’s what you are willing to give up for God and what you do for God that is the only thing that will last forever.
For some people, the things that have a grip on them is their past, past hurts which results in bitterness, low self-esteem and other personality or character issues.
Anything you put before God, make
Let Go of ANYTHING that will hinder you from seeing God clearly, let go of everything that will prevent you from worshipping God or giving him your best. Only you know what the things are in your life that you do not want to let go of, and only you can set yourself free from them. Anything you hold on to is a weight that will prevent you from living a fulfill and meaningful life
LET GO OF IT!! ITS NOT WORTH IT!!
“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your AFFECTION on things ABOVE, not on things on the earth”- Colossians 3:1-2
What is your take on this issue? Please share your thoughts or comments with us by leaving a comment below. Like this article? Please share it on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you will not miss another post from us.
Sex is one of biggest weapon the enemy uses to hold us in bondage, captive to #sin; many just cannot live without sex. Christians and non-Christians have found themselves entangle in the web of sex as they have been deceived by the enemy to think that they have to fulfill their desire for sex whenever they want to.
Anyone who wants to live holy in this world must abstain (keep away) from the sin of fornication. Fornication is having sex outside of #marriage. The truth is, and is something #Satan knows very well, all of us wants to have sex, we dream about, think about most of the day, struggle with it while we are reading the #Bible as we try to keep our mind’s on the word of #God, we hear it daily in the music around us, watch it in movies, see #men and #women daily who grabs our attention and sometimes starts to lust after what we see (lust of the eyes).
Sex has become a part of us and thus many of us struggles with sex and lust, but it is a struggle that we can overcome.
The Bible tells us that our bodies are the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3: 16), the question then is ‘how do I stay focus and not go against the word of God?’ In other words how can I prevent, and if I am already having sex, how do I overcome the #temptation of sex and keep my body holy?
Here are some tips that we can apply so that we won’t fall into temptation:
- Realize first of all that we are all humans and there are times that we will fall, but it’s important for us to know that we can get back up, dust the dirt off of our garment and try not to fall again (1 John 1:9;2:1). When we make a mistake we can go boldly before the throne of God and ask God for mercy (Hebrews 4:16). However, it is important for us not to put ourselves in the position where it is likely for us to fall into temptations. For example, if you are currently dating you should not be alone with the person you are dating, e.g. at his/her home, at the beach together, in the dark etc. PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE.
- Acknowledge that this is a problem and is against God– If our goal is to please God, then we have to do it according to his Word, the Bible. The Bible said that we are to present our “bodies a #living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service”-Romans 12:1. This means that for what God have done for us, dying on the cross and by doing so paying the price for our redemption, what He wants in return is that we present our body as a living sacrifice unto him, a sacrifice is not easy; it takes a lot out of us, but it is reasonable. The Bible also said that fornication is the only sin that is against our body which is the temple of God, it is where God dwells (1 Corinthians 6:18-19). Sex outside of marriage therefore is a very serious sin (1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 6:15).
We have to give #sexual sins the attention it deserves; we simply can not ignore it like many families and #church does. Sexual sins will not simply go away; we have to deal with it. Fornication can affect a person’s mind and body (e.g. AIDS, HIV, pregnancy, depression, low self-esteem etc.) and in extension a person entire future and that of others.
- Fast, pray and read the Word of God often– #Fasting and #prayer will give you the strength you need to stand firm in Christ and help you to grow closer to God. The closer we get to God the more strength we will gain to live holy and the better our #relationship will be with him. Jesus said that some things that we will face can only be handle through prayer and fasting (Matthew 17:21) and said of his disciples that they will have to fast when he is no longer with them (Matthew 9: 15). Jesus knew that they will need the strength to overcome the trials and temptations that will come with serving God.
Some of us struggle, especially if we were once in the world and are accustomed to having sex, with thoughts and desire of sex constantly. Praying, reading the word of God and fasting will give us the strength to overcome this hurdle.
- Hang out with people who can strengthen and motivate you- As human beings we are social beings, and what that means is that we need each other, we need to socialize in order to survive. However, we have to choose our friends wisely. The Bible says, “Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”-1 Corinthians 15:33 (ESV) similarly, “Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.”-Proverbs 27:17.
It is very important that if we want to stand by the word of God then we should seek out persons that will strengthen and motivate us to stay pure. These friends when we get weak will hold our hands up like Joseph who helps Moses hands up so that they could have won the battle. Ask the Lord to help you to choose the right people.
- Be committed – To stay pure is not an easy task; it requires vigor, courage, commitment, perseverance and self-motivation. The only way we are going to avoid fornication is if we have a made up mind.
- Don’t allow your peers to push you to have sex– Most of us will agree that our greatest motivator is often times not the word of God, but our peers (our friends). Your friends will try to persuade you to have sex, but who do you prefer to obey, man or God? Do not let the music, movies and people around you to encourage you to go against the Word of God. At the end of the day, you will have to stand alone on the Day of Judgment to give an account of what you did in your body. Your friends will not stand with you as they too will have their own judgment to face. Sometimes to live for God we will have to distance ourselves from some people we use to hang out with.
- Feast your mind upon things of God- There is a slogan that says ‘you’re what you eat’ this is also true for our spiritual life, whatever you feed your mind on, that is what will direct your life, similarly, whatever you meditate on that is what will take root in your spirit. The Bible says in Galatians 6:7-8, “Be not deceive; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting”. If we constantly feed our mind upon sexual things then we will not be able to stand, we will become weak and fall into temptations.
My encouragement to you is to feast your mind on things that do not have lots of sexual contents in them. Each day we should gird up the loins of our mind by rejecting things that enter into our mind that are not of God such as sexual content etc.
- Follow in Jesus footsteps. The Bible says this about Jesus, “For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted”-Hebrews 2:18. Jesus walk on earth for 33 ½ years but did not allowed the temptations around him to lead him into sin. He knew who he was and why he came to earth. He knew that if he should give in to the flesh then he would not be able to fulfill his purpose. Not only that, if he lived a life of fornication, how could he charge us when we sin?
- Talk to someone who is responsible and you can trust- They are many responsible people we can talk to, though they are in short supply, they do exist. Arrange a meeting with your guidance counselor, teacher, talk to a friend who you can trust and that is responsible, a pastor or church member. It sometimes helps to talk to someone who can help you to overcome or avoid fornication.
- Pray– Yes prayer is still in style and we can go to God in prayer when the urges or coming on us very frequent and strong. By talking to God your mind will be distracted from the feelings and God will give you the strength you need to overcome.
The Bible says we are to “…Resist the devil and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). We have to stand firm upon the word of God and our commitment to stay away from fornication. God expects us to be holy as he is holy, keep our body holy and to resist the urges to have sex (Ephesians 5:3; Romans 12:1). We should glorify God with our (1 Corinthians 6:20), we can’t do this if we are engage in sexual activities.
When you think of someone who was very humble in the Bible you immediately think of Jesus Christ. Jesus was the most humblest person that ever lives and he teaches his disciple, and us today, the art of #humility, he teaches us that we MUST BE HUMBLE.
His disciples came to him one day and asked him who is the greatest in the kingdom? Jesus responds to their question by calling a little child unto him and said, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven”- Matthew 18:3-4
What Jesus was basically telling his disciples that in order to be great you must be humble. You must have a lowly mentality, not one fill with pride. At times you will have to give up your right and just like a little child will always run back to the one who just punish him/her we too cannot keep malice.
What is humility?
- Humility is not seeing or thinking that you are better or higher than anyone else.
Many times we have been placed in a position or given certain abilities and or gifts and instead of using it to serve others we looked down on others thinking we are better or know more than they do. You are given certain ability and place in positions of authority or influence so that you can make a difference in someone’s else life. If you live your life looking down on others then one day #God will humble or put you down by taking that which he has given you away until you can be humble. The Lord does not blesses some of us as he would want to, or place us in certain position because he knows we will that which he gave us to belittle or destroy others; and ourselves. The way to up is always down.
- Humility is being able to reason and deal with everyone on their own level without being prejudice.Many times our positions in life or gift/talent will put us in positions where we will have to deal with ignorant people, ignorant in terms of them not knowing something. You are placed in that position to help and while doing so you need to remember that you are a representative of God in how you speak and act. People will always respond positively to others who treat them like an equal and are respectful to them.
People will always respond positively to others who treat them like an equal and are respectful to them.
- Humility is being able when you’re wrong to admit that you are wrong and you alone do not have all the answers.
None of us will be right all the time. The only person who never makes a mistake is God. Being wrong or making a mistake doesn’t mean that you are not fit for the position or you are not educated, it just means that you are an imperfect being, you are human with flaws. If you are wrong or made a mistake just come out and say it. Not everyone will appreciate your honesty and imperfection, but those will always be the minority (not that the minority is not important), but there will be people that will appreciate your honesty and imperfection.
4. Humility is being able to humble yourself before those who are above and below you.
David was anointed to be king, but Saul was occupying the position of kingship. To add to this, Saul wanted to kill David. Despite the many times Saul tried to kill David, David would always go back to Saul so that he could fulfill his duties. Not only that, Saul’s life was given into the hands of David and he could have killed him, but David realize that Saul was the Lord’s anointed on the throne even though God had rejected Saul as being King. David decided that since God had made Saul king over his people, then he God will have to remove him. In addition to this, David never spoke evil or blasted his leader even though Saul wanted to destroy him. He humbled himself and gave Saul the respect he deserved, even when Saul died David still viewed him as the Lord’s anointed.
There will be many times in each one us life’s the person who is above us (e.g. our pastor or religious leader, parents, boss, etc.) will speak evil of us, lie on us or even mistreat us. Despite this, you must realize that God has put or allowed them to be in the position they now occupy. Therefore, regardless of what they may say or treat you they still deserve the respect and honor that is due on to them. HUMILITY ALWAYS EQUAL FORGIVENESS and respect also equals forgiveness. In addition, there will be times when someone is occupying the position that is rightfully yours, do not boast or cause problems for that person, but humble yourself before them; allow God to remove them as you might take matters in your own hand and ends up destroying what God have for you and even yourself. There will also be times when someone will be in a position that they are not managing properly, don’t try to belittle their authority, but respect them and if you are correcting or showing them something always do it in a respectable manner.
The way to go up is always down. In other words, what Jesus was saying to his disciples, if you want to be great then, you must be humble, you must go down. Jesus said to his disciples that you want to be a leader you must be willing to be a servant. Anyone who is great or is a leader is a servant. If you are not willing to be servant God will put you down, and it will not be pretty. Jesus showed this great truth when he being their master wash his disciples feet and encourage them likewise to do the same to each other’s and in extension to others and if they will humble themselves they will be bless.
“When he had washed their feet and put on his outer robe, he sat down again and said to them, “Do you realize what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right because that is what I am. So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you must also wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, so that you may do as I have done to you. Truly, truly I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, and a messenger is not greater than the one who sent him. If you understand these things, how blessed you are if you put them into practice!” John 13: 12-17 (ISV)
Remember, #Satan was one of the greatest Angel in heaven and he got kicked out because of his pride, he could not be humble. He was beautiful and he allowed his beauty and position to rob him of his glory (See Isaiah 14: 12-15; Ezekiel 28:12-27)
“Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud”. -Proverbs 16:19
“A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.” -Proverbs 29:23
“And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted”. -Matthew 23:12
“But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” -James 4:6
“Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.” -James 4:10
“Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.” -1 Peter 5:5
How to find happiness?
They are two sets of people in this world and both sees things through their own lenses. These people will try to find happiness and fulfillment either through moral conformity or the way of self-discovery. We use either moral conformity or self-discovery to shape how we see the world and our understanding of the world around us, as a way of finding personal significance and worth and even our determination of right from wrong are determined by which of these way of life we chose.
We see this paradigm taking place in the story of the prodigal son (Luke 15). The elder brother in the parable illustrates the way of moral conformity. These people believe that the way of live and happiness is for one to conform to the hidden and written rules of society or community of which we belong whether it may be our local church or secular society or community. A person who takes the road of Moral conformity believes in putting the needs of the community above their own self-fulfillment; they might slip at times, but they will always get back on track.
They are two sets of people in this world and both sees things through their own lenses. These people will try to find happiness and fulfillment either through moral conformity or the way of self-discovery.
The younger brother on the other hand illustrates the way of self-discovery. According to Timothy Keller in his book, The Prodigal God, “This paradigm holds that individuals must be free to pursue their own goals and self-actualization regardless of custom and convention.” Keller further said that “In this view, the world would be a far better place if tradition, prejudice, hierarchical authority, and other barriers to personal freedom were weakened or removed” (p.30).
They are far more people who take the road of self-discovery today than they who takes the road of moral conformity. These are some of the people who believe they should live their lives anyway they see fit. These are some of the people who you see every day sporting tattoos and piercing all over their bodies and live reckless lives. You can even find some of these people who took the road of self-discovery in the entertainment industry, more specifically Rock music and those who listens to them normally take on their personality and shows disgust for morality, authority (even the authority of their parents) and society standards of dress, lifestyle, etc.
The person who chooses the way of moral conformity will say, “I am not going to do as I please, but what the community and even God wants me to do” while the person choosing the way of self-discovery says, “I am the only one who can decide on what is right or wrong for me. I am going to live my life as I see fit and find my true self and happiness that way”.
Although these two ways of live makes up the two categories of people in this world, I believe that not every one of us falls in either of these two categories: moral conformity or self-discovery. Reason for saying this is because most of us have temperaments that predispose us to either way of life. While some of us will go back and forth trying to find their way in society– this is especially true of most teenagers who will seek a reckless live when they are young– the road of self-discovery– but when they grow older take will take on the road of moral conformity. Some people on the other hand will try to combine both ways of life’s or approaches. These are some of the people who live double lives– they will appear to everyone as the elder brother (the man or woman who has a great office job and great family) but then at the same time maintain a secret life of younger brother mentality or behavior. Many businessmen, religious leaders, government officials and educators have been caught in this situation every day.
Our western culture is deeply intertwined in these approaches and it is widely accepted that each one of us must take on the role of one of these. Either way you will be criticized for your choice. The moral conformists will say that most, if not all, of the problem in this world is caused by immoral people– teenage pregnancies, drugs and other forms of abuse, crime and violence amongst other. The advocates of self-discovery will say that it’s the people who conform to a certain way of live or rules are the problems in this world– even religious people– while progressive people are the solution. Each basically says that their way is the right way.
Our western culture is deeply intertwined in these approaches and it is widely accepted that each one of us must take on the role of one of these.
Source:The Prodigal God by Tim Keller
Throughout the bible God gave his people some promises that is still accessible to us today. These promises are sure and we can have faith that God will stand by his word as he regards his word high above his name (Psalms 138:2). Jesus said “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away “- Mark 13:31. We can feel confident that whatever he promise us that he will honor his word because his words “shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the things whereto I sent it”-Isaiah 55:11
Promises of God
- I Am That I Am (Exodus 3:14) – This promise was made to Israel when they were slaves in Egypt. God wanted them to know that the Egyptians serve hundreds of gods but he was the one God that encompasses all the gods of the Egyptians. Moreover, by using these terms the Children of Israel understood that God was telling them that He will become whatever they perceive him to be. When the children of Israel needed a provider, he provided for them (e.g. Ex 17:2-6), when they were sick he became their doctor (e.g. Numbers 21:6-9; 1 King 17:17-22), when their enemies came upon them he became their warrior and protector (e.g. 1 Samuel 17; 2 Kings 19), when they were trapped between Pharaohs army and the Red Sea he became their ‘way maker’ by causing the Red Sea to divide in half so they could walk on dry land while their enemies were destroyed (Exodus 14:21-29; Isaiah 43:16,19), when they needed a deliver from their enemies, he delivered them (e.g. Exodus 3:16-17; Joshua 6: 20-21,24; Judges 10:1-18 etc), when they and the world needed a savior he died on the cross and deliver us from sin and hell, thus giving us freedom and a kingdom (Isaiah 9:6; 43:11; 47:4; Romans 8:17-18).
This promise is assessable to each one of us today. Whatever you need God to be for you now that is what He will be. Do you need a lawyer, doctor, teacher, guidance counselor, psychologist, provider, protector, way maker etc? Then why not call upon him today? “Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear”-Isaiah 59:1. So therefore “Seek ye the Lord while HE MAY BE FOUND, call ye upon him WHILE HE IS NEAR.”-Isaiah 55:6
- I will be your God (Isaiah 41:10) – The Lord promised the Children of Israel that he will be their God once they did not forsake him by going after other gods. Today the Lord is beseeching each one of us to forsake all others and he will be a father unto us and we’ll be a son to him; this can only be done if you forsake all other gods (gods of money, sex etc.) and serve him (Romans 6:16-18).
- I will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5) – Who better in the bible to know this great truth than the children of Israel? Whenever the children of Israel obeyed the commandments of God they experience the presence of God; God is not a God to dwell where he is not welcome. They experienced his protection from their enemies and were the greatest and wealthiest nation upon the face of the earth and they experienced peace. Today God is making each one of us this promise, a promise that he will never leave us nor forsake us.
- He will never allow you to be tempted or tested above that you are able to bear (1 Corinthians 10:13)- Although sometimes we may feel that we are not able to handle situations that may come our way, God has promise us that he will never allow us to face any situation that we are not able to bear. Yes sometime it is very rough and we may feel like throwing in the towel, but God says that “…My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness…”-1 Corinthians 12:9. When we are at our lowest that is the time we will experience the strength of our God who loves us with an everlasting love. I don’t know what kind of day, week, month or year you have been having, but God wants you to know that, “…as thy days, so shall thy strength be”- Deuteronomy 33:25
- Jesus will never allow us to walk on a road he has never walked on (Hebrews 2:18; 4:15: 12:3) – The Bible told us that he was tempted like we through his humanity and so able to help us with our test and trials (Hebrews 2:18; 4:15). We fail at times because we do not rely and wait upon him to take us through our situations (Deuteronomy 33:25).
His hand is always out stretch waiting for us to cast our cares upon him because he cares for us (1 Peter 5:7), so by going boldly before the throne of God we may find grace in times of need (Hebrews 4:16). Are you hungry and finding it hard to manage your everyday demands, perhaps homeless and jobless? He has been their (Luke 9:58; Luke 17:27; Matthew 21:18-19). Are you despise and spit upon, lied on, mocked and beaten; even by persons who call you friend? He experienced all of these, but seeing the joy of our salvation before him, he endured the pain and the suffering (Hebrews 12:2-3; Luke 17:25; Matthew 26:59-60; 27:18, 28-31,41-41). Have you ever been betrayed by someone close to you? He was betrayed by one of his disciple who walk, eat, slept and even suffered with him, to the point that he was crucified (Luke 22:47-48). Are you struggling with the temptations to sin in your body? The bible says that he was in ALL point tempted as we are, yet he did not sin, he did not give in to the desires of the flesh; in fact, he did paid more attention to the spiritual aspect of his life and not his flesh (Hebrews 4:15; Romans 8: 5-8). Have you been belittled by others and made to feel unimportant; perhaps you are suffering from low self-esteem because of what you have been through. Bible Scholars let us know that because of Jesus birth he was probably looked down at and treated as a bastard child because he was not Joseph biological son. Jesus did not allow his experiences to deter him from accomplishing his purpose and believing in himself. Yes he felt hurt and probably he did not have many friends at school.
Whatever you have been through or going through, Jesus had been through it. You can go boldly before him and share your problems with him. He’ll give you strength to endure, and probably move the stumbling block(s) out of your way.
- He will strengthen and help you (Isaiah 41:10) – Sometimes along life’s journey we become weak, and even sometimes feel very helpless. Life’s burdens sometimes can become so overwhelming that we feel like we can’t make another step on this journey. However, God is promising you today that he is your God and being your God he will strengthen you when you get weak and help you each day to go further than you could ever imagine. We can’t make it on our own, and we weren’t expected or created to make it on our own; we are instead expected to depend on God for strength and help in time of need.
- He will carry you (Isaiah 46:3-4)- It is very normal for us at times to think that we are not able to go another mile on life’s journey; the truth is God did not expect us to make it on our own. It is for this reason God is telling us that he is the one that have carried us from we were in our mother’s womb and will continue to carry us even unto our old age; he is a God that will carry and deliver us out of EVERY situation we may face. Haven’t he brought you this far? You did not make it this far by your own strength, but it was God that has carried you. He will always fulfill his promises.
- He is your refuge and fortress (Psalms 91:2) – Fortress is a safe place where people in trouble can run to for refuge. In the Old Testament the children of Israel had cities of refuge where they could run to for refuge if they found themselves in trouble. Once they abide in that city for a certain period no one could touch or kill them (Joshua 20:1-9). Today God is making a promise to us that if we choose him, then he will be our refuge and fortress, he will be our strong tower. Once we abide in him and OBEY his Words then he will not allow anything to harm us, unless he permits it for his purpose (like he did with Job, Job 1, 2, 3).
- He will be your guide (Psalms 32: 18)- From careful study of the bible we get to understand that Israel and the people of ancient civilization would not have made it without the counsel and guidance of God (e.g. Exodus 15:13; 1 Samuel 30:8). Today God is making each one of the promise of being our guide “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.”-Psalms 32:14. God sees the end from the beginning and thus is the right person to guide us as he is able to see the pitfalls of our lives beforehand. With whatever decision you make in life, you can put your trust in God. Because God sees the end from the beginning it is therefore advisable that before we make an important decision we should first seek the Lord for guidance and or council. He is not a man that he should lie (Numbers 23:19), and he has promise you even unto your very lost breath; he will be your guide (Psalms 48:14). This promise of God is for you, your children, and grandchildren until God returns; accept and wait upon his guidance and you shall never fail.
- No evil shall harm you (2 Timothy 4:18)- Did you know that every day you could have lost your life or something terrible could have happen to you and only because of the mercies of God why your still breathing now, and without much or any harm? Do you know even half of the things that God have kept you from? The love that God has for each of us opens the doors for new mercies each and every day. Even sometimes when we reject or walk away from him he is still merciful unto us because he knows that we could not catch our breath even driving the fastest car. Nothing happens or can ever happen to you unless God allows it. Today this promise is being made to you. The apostle Paul in the bible could have said “And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen”-2 Timothy 4:18, because he put his trust and confidence, not in man, but in God. No doubt throughout his ministry Paul witnesses the power of God working in his life. This promise is also for you today.
God is making you these promises today, believe and accept them and your soul shall prosper. I hope that these Ten (10) Promises of God To Man will help you to accept the Lord if you haven’t or help you to know and realize the love that God has for you.
The promises of God was made available to men and women who passed on before us; and these same promises of God, and a lot more, are available to each one of us today. For these promises of God to be activated in your life you must accept and have faith in the spoken word and power of the All Power and All Seeing God (Hebrews 11:6; Isaiah 55:10-11).
Although I have just discusses Ten Promises of God, they are many more promises of God that you can access by faith.
“Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon”-Isaiah 55:6-7
“For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call”-Acts2: 39
God is making you these promises today, believe and accept them and your soul shall prosper. I hope that these Ten (10) Promises of God To Man will help you to accept the Lord if you haven’t or help you to know and realize the love that God has for you.