Hill stations are the best place to spend your vacations and have some quality time with your friends and family members. Our own Motherland India offers some very attractive Hill stations which you can visit all around the year. These Hill stations provide some breath taking views of snow covered peaks, to lush green valleys, and also many adventurous activities to do.
One can avail some very attractive tour packages for visiting Hills stations all around India. Availing Goibibo offers will help you in planning your vacation within your budget. So, at last, if you are having confusion in selecting a hill station, mentioned below are the top 10 most beautiful hill stations in India where you can spend your holidays and have some fun.
- Srinagar, Kashmir: Srinagar is the capital of Jammu and Kashmir and is well known for its natural beauty. Srinagar also offers many lakes which attracts many tourists from all around India for their paddle boating, famous Shikara houseboats, and floating gardens. Gulmarg, Sonmarg and Pahalgam are also very popular tourist sites in Srinagar offering natural gardens, lakes, white water rafting, trekking. You can also visit Mughal gardens, Indira Gandhi international Tulip garden, and Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Botanical Garden which offers a wide variety of flower flooded gardens.
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh: Manali offers a touch of the great Himalayan range with its snow covered hills and natural beauty. Main attractions in Manali are Rohtang pass, Solang Valley, Beas kund, Chandrakhani Pass, and Pandoh Dam in Kullu. Manali also offers some adventurous activities such as biking, trekking, rafting, hiking, mountaineering, and paragliding.
- Nainital, Uttrakhand: Nainital is also a very popular Hill station offering some eye catching lakes and natural views. One of the main highlights of Nainital is the Mall road built under the British rule in India. Nainital is named after its most pouplar Naini lake which offers paddle boating and traditional boating.
- Mussorie, Uttrakhand: Mussorie is very popular for its climatic conditions and Honeymooners. Mussorie offers many delights such as cable car ride to Gun hill, Picnic spots like Kempty falls, Horse riding at the highest peak in Mussorie known as Lal Tibba.
- Shimla, Himanchal Pradesh: Shimla is a beautiful town situated on mountain ridge and offers cool and charming natural climate. Shimla is famous for its colonial style buildings completely wrapped in Oak and pine trees. Shimla offers plenty of adventurous rides and activities such as travelling on the toy train.
- Munnar, Kerela: Munnar is very popular for its tea plantations in India. This place is completely covered with tea plants all over it and provides a look of lush green tea valley. This place also offers misty hills, wildlife forests, Anamudi, the highest peak in south India, Eravikulam National Park, and paragliding.
- Ooty, Tamil Nadu: Ooty is the best place to escape summer heat and offers cool climatic conditions with lush greenery all over it. Ooty offers 22 hectares of Botanical garden, boating on Ooty Lake, and climbing of some peaks of Nilgiri Hills.
- Darjeeling, West Bengal: Darjeeling is also famous for its lush green tea gardens. It also provides you with the stunning look of Mount Kanchenjunga snow capped peaks which are third highest in the world. Darjeeling also offers toy train ride, Botanical garden, zoo and cable car rides.
- Kodiakanal, Tamil Nadu: Kodiakanal is also referred as the princess of Hill stations and it offers natural beauty of Palani Hills, lovely lakes, fresh air and variety of forest.
- Matheran, Maharastra: Matheran is a hill station closest to Mumbai. All types of vehicles are banned there even the bicycles are also banned, but it offers a noise and pollution free environment. You can take toy train to get there.